Salvadoran American Chamber of Commerce
Have A Question?
The Salvadoran American Chamber of Commerce (SALVACOM) is a not-for-profit organization focused on the business development of Salvadoran business people, in particular, and the Hispanic entrepreneur, in general, looking to expand their business knowledge and marketability in the New York area. One of the main objectives of the Chamber is to promote, strengthen, grow, and unify the businesses and services of those active members and to the community to which those businesses are offered.
What is a Chamber of Commerce?
A chamber of commerce (or board of trade) is a form of business network, e.g., a local organization of businesses whose goal is to further the interests of businesses. Business owners in towns and cities form these local societies to advocate on behalf of the business community. Local businesses are members, and they elect a board of directors or executive council to set policy for the chamber.
What are the Benefits of Joining SALVACOM?
1. Business Organization - As a member you will receive cooperation and assistance from the most capable firms in the community
2. Publicity and Exposure - Chamber members receive real exposure through our publications, directories, mixers and Web site listings.
3. New Business Contacts - One major reason to consider active participation with the Chamber is to meet and network new businesses.
4. Representation - The Chamber works as a voice for its members.
5. Referrals - Each month, as we receive requests for goods and services, we send them directly to our members.
6. Involvement - Our members MAKE THE DIFFERENCE by working to improve the quality of life and business environment.
7. New Customers - We support industries and businesses that bring people, employment and a better economy to the Salvadoran community.
8. Resources and Assistance - We maintain information and statistics that are shared with individuals interested in promoting business in the Salvadoran community.
9. Buy Locally - As a chamber we try to keep the money flowing within the community and make those dollars work for our community.
10. Informed Members - We try to keep our members informed about any and all regional and state issues, either by media articles, newspapers, personal visits which we call “Caminatas Empresariales” (Business Walk), meetings and events.
11. Accredited business courses by Suffolk Community College to our members FREE of charge to help you improve the administration of your business!
12. You may enjoy discounts offered by business members on services and or products to our same members!
13. Join the Salvadoran American Chamber of Commerce's best business networking resource. We are all aware that "who you know" is often as important as "what you know".